Monday, July 19, 2010

Being a Wife, a (Stay-home) Mother, and Daughter and balancing yourself!

2 post in 2 days, not bad, a sudden rush of inspiration? Nah, it's just that there's been so much that i have wanted to share for a long time.

Let me go back to history a little....

Before I was married, life was simple. I was only playing the role of a DAUGHTER, and of course, GIRLFRIEND to my ex-boy friend who is now my husband :-). Imagine all the time and freedom you have back then.

1 fine day, I have added titleS of "WIFE" and "DIL" (daughter-in-law) as I declare my vows before GOD! Life became better that I will always have my husband there for me but it just seem like i have less time for everything and myself. While I may be seeing my husband for longer hours, i felt like we are spending less quality or dating time together. Spending time with in-law family has become a routine.

Then came Gabby, someone who calls me "MAMA"....this is a real obligation. With the addition of my little angel, all my time and energy is channelled to her. I have lost time for myself, while my husband is complaining that I don't give him enough attention.

I was constantly feeling tired not wanting to do much, slowly beginning to feel depressed especially seeing friends who are looking good and out while someone care for their children at home, be it parents, in-laws or maid. There are more that I wanted to do but yet, i couldn't.

My husband was telling me that I can find something to do while I stay-home to care for Gabby. Just be a little more relax, be a little more flexible. All I was feeling was how can I manage anything else when I am already exhausted 24/7?

Looking back, my husband was right: go and do something fulfilling, things that I wanted to do. It helps to distract me a little from Gabby and relax myself; finding myself and regaining my self-esteem. My attitude and outlook have to change, so I began slowly. While i continue to practise FertilityCare (a natural method to treat and help couple conceive), I started to be more involve at church work. Since then, caring for Gabby is no longer a chore to me, but a joy.

I do not wish to see any of you repeating my mistake, especially those who choose to stay at home. It's all in your mind, if you are determine to take the steps, you will make things happen.

It's a great privilaged to be able to care for my girl. While there are many sacrifices, it is all worthwhile. To all mommies, and those "soon to be", while reading my blog, I hope that you also enjoy your shopping too!

No comments:

Post a Comment